Saturday, January 29, 2011

MY MUM WOULD HAVE LOVED THIS ONE ...

WE GOT TO THE GIG AROUND 8.30.I SAT ON THE SIDE OF THE STAGE AND CHATTED TO FANS FOR A WHILE,ANSWERING ALL SORTS OF QUESTIONS,AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE INTRO MUSIC STARTED AND WE WALKED ON TO A ROAR THAT PINNED MY EARS BACK . I COULDNT HEAR ANY OF ROBINS COUNT INS ALL NIGHT ,SUCH WAS THE CACOPHONY OF NOISE ..,<> ANYWAY WE ROLLED ON THRU ABOUT 6 SONGS BEFORE WE HAD A BREATHER FOR DAYDREAM,AND IT WAS JUST MAGIC ,THE SOUND , THE PLAYING ,AND THE ATMOSPHERE WAS ELECTRIC ALL OVER THE VENUE . THE STARS WERE OUT THE SKY CLEAR,AND WE HAD A BLAST PLAYING FOR THE FANS HERE AT JANNUS LANDING, ALWAYS A FAVE OF OURS....THE RAIN STAYED AWAY ,AND WE DID A VERY LONG SET AGAIN .ALL PLAYING ,IF I SAY IT MYSELF,ON THE MONEY .THANKS TO ALL WHO TURNED UP AND ROBIN AND US WERE SIGNING STILL AN HOUR AFTER WE CAME OFF..LONG JOURNEY TOMORROW.7 HRS BY ROAD BUT SEE YOU ALL SOON .BYE !!

2 comments:

  1. Pete, I was onstage with you guys tonight. Dave Walker is a good friend of mine, and invited me to the show at Jannus Landing. I drum with Dave frequently at church on Sat nights. Had a great time this evening. My stepson was with me, he plays guitar. I was thoroughly impressed with your straight ahead style. Loved your work with Robert Plant, but I have to be honest hadn't heard anything by you since. It was a pleasure, and I wish I could have met you, perhaps another time. Keep up that solid groove. You gave me a drum lesson tonight, and inspiration to keep the groove as well. Sometimes you see these guys that make you want to hang up your sticks, but you have inspired me to push forward! Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you again! Kevin Malley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Getting hyped for Saturdays show in Atlanta!!!

    ReplyDelete